Anthurium crystallinum 'Super Dark'
Anthurium crystallinum 'Super Dark' has gorgeous velvety, thick heart shaped leaves with contrasting silver veining! With proper lighting, the leaf surface changes from a bright green to a deep forest green which makes the silver veining pop even more!
Note: A basket type Anthurium, this plant does not climb or crawl, but rather new leaves emerge from the crown area as the stem grows upward
- Indoors, Anthurium grows best in medium light (bright indirect sunlight). Outdoors, Anthurium prefers bright shade with no direct sunlight.
- Water your plant when the top 2” of soil becomes dry, make sure to give your plants a thorough drink. If your plant gets yellow leaves and they start to drop, you're likely overwatering the plant.
- Gently remove the bottom leaves as they die off.
- Keep an eye on pests- Anthurium can fall prey to common pests like mealybugs, spider mites, and aphids. Keep pests at bay by checking weekly for signs of pests.
- Fertilize your plant monthly. Pale new leaves typically indicate that your plant isn't getting enough nutrients. Fertilizing your plant with a water-soluble houseplant fertilizer once a month will keep your plants healthy, strong, and beautiful.
- Repot your plant as necessary. As your Anthurium grows, you may want to move it to a larger container, or use propagation to start a brand new plant.
- Keep your plant away from children and pets. Anthurium can be poisonous to people and pets if ingested, but they're not lethal.